Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week and looking forward to the holidays that are just around the corner. This week I started a new trimester in my last year of high school and, until January, I only have two classes. So in all of my extra spare time I've been working on my Christmas pieces and presents! 
I am in the process of making holiday bracelets for kids who will be residing in hospitals over Christmas. There is a very special little boy that is making it all happen, his name is Oliver. Oliver was diagnosed with DIPG in 2009. Please take the time to visit his blog and/or his Facebook page, it would really mean a lot to a little boy and his family in a really tough time. 
Anyway, Ollie is such a wonderful, selfless little boy, this winter he is asking people to send cards and tie blankets to him to bring to kids in hospitals. I began making a tie blanket but realized that I would be able to send a lot more bracelets than I could blankets, so I am in the process of making the bracelets and will send them down to Oliver next week. Today I made a Christmas tree bracelet. (Sorry that the picture is a little awful, I had to take it with my iPod)


If you have any questions about Ollie, his cause, or about the holiday bracelets, please feel free to comment here or send me an email at hallieanneoriginals@ymail.com.
Happy Crafting and Happy Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment