Friday, December 9, 2011

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! It is the Christmas season once again and I am in the Christmas mood. Last night I made a new Christmas bracelet. I used craftergawker, an amazing site that takes crafts from blogs and combines them all onto one great site. It's great for crafters like me to get new ideas! 

This is the bracelet I made. It was made using green yarn that I braided and some red embroidery thread that I found. After making the bracelet I had the opportunity to teach Shane's youngest sister, Summer, how to braid. Summer is a wonderful, imaginative little girl. Shane, who is my boyfriend, has many siblings, one of which his parents adopted from Ukraine last year. Amazing huh? Two of his younger siblings, Summer 7 and Michael 9, have taken a liking to make friendship bracelets. I taught them how to make basic ones but I gave Michael the book that taught me how to make bracelets so many years ago. They'll both be able to make extensive bracelets like I do someday. 

With Christmas there is so much giving. I hope everyone has done something to give to another person. Giving something to someone in need is the most rewarding thing a person can do. It warms your heart to see a smile on a face of a person you just gave something to with nothing in return, it slaps a smile right back on your own. So please, use your crafting abilities to brighten someone's day. Here's a perfect example... Oliver, the little sweetheart of a boy that I mentioned previously loves getting Christmas cards. Christmas Cards for Ollie . Please, use your crafty ideas and make a Christmas card for a little boy who needs a smile.

Merry Christmas and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment